- Schools Program
- Human Rights and Public Life
- Gough Whitlam Oration
- Impacts of High Stakes Testing
- What Matters? Writing Competition
- The Economy
- Young People and Democracy
- Past Projects
2011 Labour Market Evolution Symposium
On 29 November 2011 the Institute, in partnership with the University of Western Sydney School of Economics and Finance, presented a half day symposium on Labour Market Evolution at the InterContinental Hotel, Sydney.
The Hon Barry O’Farrell, Premier of New South Wales delivered the Opening Address, and The Hon Mike Rann, former Premier of South Australia and former ALP National President, delivered the luncheon address.
The symposium offered the opportunity to take a step back and consider ideas and options for maintaining a strong labour market with a sustained commitment to full employment that better balances the imperatives for economic growth and equity, and address the notion of well-being as a goal of economic policy.
* Sandra Parker, Deputy Secretary Employment, Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations
* Professor Phil Lewis, Director, Centre for Labour Market Research, University of Canberra
* Tim Lyons, Assistant Secretary, Australian Council of Trade Unions
* Professor Phillip O'Neill, Director, Urban Research Centre, University of Western Sydney
* Lisa Fowkes, Consultant working in workforce participation and NFP management